100 KM (+5000m) PRESENTED BY XACT NUTRITION
Le Massif de Charlevoix, St. Lawrence River capes, Sainte-Anne River cliffs and Mont Sainte-Anne ridge. Here is a brief overview of what you will need to conquer for what could be one of the toughest trail running course in the world.
Distance: 99,8 KM
Positive gain: 4180 meters
Negative gain: 4000 meters
Number of feed zone : 8
Technical difficulty: 5/5
Type of path: 85% single track, 10% double track, 3% ski hills, 2% road
Start altitude : 5 meters
Max altitude : 804 mètres
Mid pack estimated time : 16:15:00
First man estimated time: 10:35:00
First women estimated time : 12:00:00
Start time : 5h00 a.m.
Finisher ITRA points: 5
Participant must have completed a race with a minimum of 2 ITRA points (International Trail-Running Association) not more than two years prior to the date of the Quebec Mega Trail or, if he has no ITRA points, must have completed a trail running race with a minimum of 65 points, taking into account the following:
1 km = 1 point and 100 meters of D + = 1 point, for example: 50 km with 1500m D + = 50 + 15 = 65 points.
Only runners registered for the 100 km race are entitled to have a pacer. The segment that will be authorized consists of the last 24 kilometers (Mont-Sainte-Anne sector). It is mandatory to register the pacer. To do this, you will have to give his/her name when you get your bib. A special accredited bib number will be issued for the pacer at a cost of $10(cash only). He or she must wear the bib. Bib must be visible at all times. This person will wait for the passage of his runner in the transition zone at the base of Mont-Sainte-Anne where he can offer care, equipment and food.
- It is strictly forbidden to physically help the runner except in case of emergency;
- The pacer must remain at all times with his runner except in case of emergency;
- In case of a withdraw from the race, the pacer can not continue the race;
- Only one pacer is allowed and must remain the same throughout the segment;
- The pacer can assist his rider at the feed zone, but can not arrive before him in the station to begin his refueling;
- Pacer may not carry equipment, food and liquid for their runner at any time;
A shuttle will take the participants from Mont-Sainte-Anne to the start of the race at Petite-Rivière-Saint-François.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED
18 YEARS OLD
First three women and man will be awarded on the QMT podium
Each finisher will received a special QMT souvenir
FEED ZONE DETAILS
Please consult the feed zone page for more details