CANADIAN 100 KM ULTRA TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIP
PRESENTED BY XACT NUTRITION
From the banks of the majestic St. Lawrence River separated by the two most visited mountains of Quebec City area, the Massif of Charlevoix and Mont-Sainte-Anne, this wolrd class course is going thrue the legendary Caps trail, the untamed Mestachibo Trail and the spectacular Jean-Larose Falls.
→ Distance: 109,5 km (68 miles)
↑ Positive gain: +4880 m (+16 000 ft)
↓ Negative lost: -4700 m (-15 419 ft)
Number of feed zone : 8
Technical difficulty: 5/5
Mid pack estimated time : 19:00:00
First man estimated time: 12:00:00
First women estimated time : 14:00:00
Start time : 5h00 a.m.
Max time allowed : 24:00:00
Finisher ITRA points: 5
Participant must have completed a race with a minimum of 2 ITRA points (International Trail-Running Association) not more than two years prior to the date of the Quebec Mega Trail or, if he has no ITRA points, must have completed a trail running race with a minimum of 65 points, taking into account the following:
1 km = 1 point and 100 meters of D + = 1 point, for example: 50 km with 1500m D + = 50 + 15 = 65 points.
All participants who are Canadian citizens are eligible to compete for the Canadian Championship podium that will follow the overall podium.
The organization reserved 20 spots for elite runners (man and women). To submit an application runner must have a minimum ITRA performance index of 750 (Men) or 650 (women). Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only runners registered for the 110 km race are entitled to have a pacer. The segment that will be authorized consists of the last 29.5 kilometers (Mont-Sainte-Anne sector). It is mandatory to register the pacer. To do this, you will have to give his/her name when you get your bib. A special accredited bib number will be issued for the pacer at a cost of $10(cash only). He or she must wear the bib. Bib must be visible at all times. This person will wait for the passage of his runner in the transition zone at the base of Mont-Sainte-Anne where he can offer care, equipment and food.
- It is strictly forbidden to physically help the runner except in case of emergency;
- The pacer must remain at all times with his runner except in case of emergency;
- In case of a withdraw from the race, the pacer can not continue the race;
- Only one pacer is allowed and must remain the same throughout the segment;
- The pacer can assist his rider at the feed zone, but can not arrive before him in the station to begin his refueling;
- Pacer may not carry equipment, food and liquid for their runner at any time;
A shuttle will take the participants from Mont-Sainte-Anne to the start of the race at Petite-Rivière-Saint-François.
MANDATORY EQUIPEMENT (semi-autonomy race)
- Minimum 1 liter of water
- Container for drinking (no glass in aid stations)
- Energy supplement and food
- Survival Blanket 1.4m x 2m (4.6 ft. X 6.6 ft.)
- Cell phone
- Head lamp (from aid station 6 at Mont-Sainte-Anne)
- Cap or scarf for sun protection
- Epipen (for runners with allergies to wasp stings or food)
- Insect repellent
- Solar cream
MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED
18 YEARS OLD
First five women and man will be awarded on the QMT podium
Each finisher will received a special QMT souvenir
FEED ZONE DETAILS
Please consult the feed zone page for more details